Skincare is an everyday essential because the skin is one of the most prominent parts of the body. It makes you feel confident about yourself. First of all, a skincare routine should be a daily ritual that should be done regularly. Your skincare practices should be the first task in the morning. Moreover, before you go to bed, skincare needs to be the last deed in the night. Keeping your skin hydrated and healthy bring positivity charm to your attitude. Here is beginners guide to skincare to glow up your skin routines
What Do You Really Mean When You Say “Skincare”?
Indeed your skin has an essential role in protecting you from bacteria. However, in the same manner, your skin also needs protection. This protection of the skin to maintain cosmetic and pathological well-being is termed as skincare. Skincare includes the following.
- Use of a wide range of skin-friendly products and practices that will enhance the look of your skin
- Supporting the integrity of skin and cure any skin diseases. For instance, retinol therapy, microdermabrasion peels, and ultrasonic skin treatments are part of skincare.
- Skincare also comprises of identifying your skin type as dry, sensitive, prone, or pigmented. Consequently, creating a regular skincare routine accordingly is crucial to skincare.
In a nutshell making the all possible efforts to keep your look fresh, hydrated and beautiful.
Why Should I Care About Skincare?
Keeping a healthy skincare routine is always beneficial—glowing and beautiful skin is the first step to beauty. There are many medical and cosmetic reasons to maintain a punctual skincare routine. Some of the primary reasons to take care of your skin are as follows.
It is clinically proven that your skin sheds every day. Regular skin care will help you maintain healthy skin. Skin sheds because of the regenerative properties of the skin; it is quite obvious that your skin might not stay the same forever. Every day your skin goes through major changes, which should be pampered with skincare practices.
It is commonly said that prevention is better than cure. Many skin diseases can be avoided by maintaining a healthy skincare routine. In case someone is suffering from conditions such as acne, psoriasis, or eczema, definitive skincare can solve many problems.
Self Love & Beauty
Loving your physical appearance is the basis of self-love. A neat and tidy skin will help you embrace yourself. Skincare brings cosmetic benefits that can help in reducing dark spots, wrinkles, and sunburns.
How Do You Know Which Active Ingredients Are Right For Your Skin?
Different types of skin need different types of active ingredients at different times of the day. The essential ingredients for major skin types are as follows.
For dry skin, some of the major ingredients are glycerin, polyhydroxy acid, seed oils, squalene, ceramides, and linoleic acids.
- Morning: Hydrating serums are a must-have for dry skins. Low molecular weight hydraulic acids and moisturizer with ceramides and glycerine the skin and gives the skin a smooth texture.
- Evening: Keep the skin exfoliated to avoid building up dead skin cells. Use gentle exfoliators like a PHA which is less irritative to the skin, and exfoliate three times a week.
BHA, Vitamin C, rosehip oil, hyaluronic acid, azelaic acid, and kaolin clay are primary ingredients for the care of skin prone to acne.
- Morning: An antioxidizing serum with vitamin C can do a great job in fighting against acne. Preventing hyperpigmentation of vitamin C with an SPH moisturizer will help with the healing because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Evening: If you are suffering from such conditions, make sure you exfoliate your skin often to remove the dead skin and let new skin grow. Acne-prone skin is exfoliated effectively by BHA by removal of excess oil, treating the inflammation.
The key ingredients are lactic acid. Green tea extract. Circa. Niacinamide, BHA salicylic acid, and caffeine.
- Morning: Make sure you apply anti-oxidants first thing in the morning so that you can reduce the irritation and remove the free radical. A hydrating serum as a moisturizer and SPH will do the magic.
- Evening: Even sensitive skin needs gentle exfoliations. Use a microfiber cloth if the chemical exfoliates are too reactive for your skin. ECGC in green tea extract alleviates the redness during the night.
The active ingredients for hyperpigmented skin include retinol niacinamide, SPF, licorice, and acids such as glycolic, hyaluronic, and vitamins.
- Morning: Vitamin C-containing anti-oxidants are very beneficial for acne-prone skin. Recommended to be used with SPF moisturizer, it is said that this will help in reducing the pore.
- Evening: Use retinol to treat the pigmentation. Retinol will do wonders decreasing the melanin levels and stimulating skin cell growth if used on a long-term basis. Afterward, use hyaluronic acid to soothe the skin.
Some basic ingredients for aging skin include anti-oxidants, peptides, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C.
- Morning: Anti-oxidants are one of the best remedies for aging skin. These reduce the signs of aging and radical damage; Vitamin C is also an effective ingredient to treat dark spots and discoloration.
- Evening: Exfoliation with AHAs and BHAs twice a week removes the dead skin and reduces pores. Moreover, acne-prone retinol can also be very effective in tissue regeneration.
Everyone has their own skin type, and what works for one might not work for another. In other words, pampering your skin will help you know your skin type better. Most importantly, make sure you are consulting your dermatologist regularly. This will help in seeking the right guidance as per your skin type.
Disclaimer: Any information in this article is for a general audience and is researched from the internet. Therefore, it is highly recommended to consult a licensed dermatologist before using any product or applying any method.
Any information provided on this article or our website is for entertainment purposes only and researched from the internet. Please consult your local professional or physician before using any information provided.